Has time ever been the cause of your stress? I think we've all been in the position where we feel like time is speeding away from us, faster than we (and our to-do list) can keep up with.Why does this happen?
It's down to the fact that we misuse or abuse our allotted time.
You're probably asking yourself how one can abuse their time- ridiculous thought? Well no, actually it's not ridiculous at all. This is where we would like to bring your attention to our Stress and Time Management workshop
We have facilitated many Stress and Time Management workshops where we ask the delegates to plot where they believe they focus their time
, both at work and at home or over the weekend. This exercise never ceases to amaze because, virtually without exception, the delegate ends up with hours of activity which the estimated total of their waking time simply can't accommodate.
Truth is, most of us are really not good at understanding
where our days and weeks are being consumed. A module of this workshop focuses on exploring our most common time wasters.
Here are a few:
- Incorrect use of our electronic devices. Computers, cell phones, tablets etc. can, and often do, control us rather than the other way round.
- Lack of planning.
- Lack of self-discipline when it comes to following plans we have taken time out to formulate.
- Lack of competency in certain areas of our work life.
- Lack of team work.
- Poor communication skills or processes.
- Lack of assertiveness.
- Not effectively identifying and sticking to our priorities.
- Procrastination (we have whole module devoted to this dangerous time waster)
- Lack of interest or passion.
These are but a few of the most common stumbling blocks
to effective time management. In our Stress and Time Management workshop we work with you to identify and discuss tools specifically designed to help you over these hurdles in an effective and practical way.
Get in touch with us to find out more about this workshop
. Take control - start the new Month ahead with an organised mind and work life!
is a South African soft skills training provider with more than 60 workshops on offer.
Email us at info@StaffTraining.co.za
for more info or give us a call at 0861 996 660