SETA and SDL
All companies with a payroll of more than R500 000 per year
are required to pay 1% of their annual salaries to SARS as
a contribution to the Skills Development Levy (SDL).
SARS will automatically allocate your company SDL to the SETA they think you should be registered with. It remains your responsibility to double check that the allocation is correct.
The SDL then gets dispersed as follow:
How do you go about claiming back some of your contributions?
20% of your contribution to the SDL can be claimed back
- Submitting your Annual Training Report (ATR) and Workplace Skills
Plan (WSP) to the SETA you are registered with, before 30 April
- The WSP is not a set in stone training plan, and deviations can
be declared to the SETA when you submit the next ATR
- Most SETA's require this to be submitted by a qualified Skills Development Facilitator
- It is important to keep record of all training provided
- this includes invoices, attendance registers and certification
- Training that can be added to the ATR includes formal training
by an external provider, formal training by the company itself,
Peer Training, Induction Programmes, Online Courses and many
Each SETA has different Discretionary Grants - these are
grants that SETA offers, at their discretion, on a first come
first serve basis.
- Be sure to regularly visit your SETA's website or ask to
be put on their mailing list
SETA's often run Learnership programmes with Discretionary
- Learnerships are a great way to get your BEE Score up
- SARS also offer tax incentives of up to R80 000.00 per
learner per year
What is the National Skills Fund (NSF) and why do they
- The NSF provides funds to support projects that are national
priorities in the National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS),
and that support the National Skills Authority in its work.
This includes the training of unemployed, non-levy paying
cooperatives, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), community
structures and vulnerable groups
Staff Training is accredited with Services SETA - Accreditation
Email us today at email@example.com to make an appointment
with a Skills Development Facilitator, meet one of our sales executives or to get more information on Learnerships.